Drivers side window trouble.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers side window trouble.....

I haven't taken it apart yet, but when I go to roll my window up or down it tilts towards the front of the car and you have to hold it to roll up straight...any suggestions as to what is wrong with it and how/what do I do to fix it?

Thanks....
    00' GT mustang
    Built MPH motor

89 Festevil

I would try lubricating it first ,that would be the easiest.
    Check this out
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

It's not really that hard to roll up, it just tilts when I try to roll it up...I have to hold the window from tilting when I roll it up. It is a crank up window...
      00' GT mustang
      Built MPH motor

89 Festevil

Comment

Well you saved me the trouble of looking it up. My dad's stiva has the same problem. I'm going to go through and put white lithuim grease on everything and try to pinch the tracks tighter (worked on another car I don't know about the festiva). Maybe just the regulator.
        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

most likely you will have to tighten the regulator to window glass bolts
          *****caution: the plastic clip the bolt screws into strips out easily*****

if you need a new one, go to a KIA parts dealer and order the same clips for a 1998 KIA Sportage rear power window - does not matter which side

and also make sure all of the window regulator bolts are tight - 3 for the crank and 2 for the pivot.

and check if the single bolt or nut that holds the front window track is tight-- located at lower front edge of the door.

and use clear silicone spray on the rubber window tracks and if needed the felts too

Comment

Thanks!
            00' GT mustang
            Built MPH motor

89 Festevil

Comment

i'd say it's the plastic to glass bracket...tighten it. I work for glass company for a living.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
              ---------------------------------------------------
              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I have same problem, 13 years. My window gasket is out of whack and forces the window to ride out of alignment. You could replace the window gasket or just get used to it. I got used to it.
                Thanks for listening

Comment

This is a common Festiva problem.. replace all the parts you want, it will happen again and again.
                  The problem is the engineering.
                  As the front track/seal gets cooler it shrinks and causes the window to grab in the front. Causing the window to tilt forward.
                  This is why it happens more often in the cooler months than summer.. but if you get in the habit of a once a year treatment of a silicone based grease to the front seal this problem disappears. BTW, it's about that time for mine..

Comment

i also have this problem w/ my 92. i thought it was because i replaced the door and it wasn't sitting properly but now i have a better idea. thanks

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

I think every Festiva I've ever seen has this problem. When the temperature drops below about freezing, the window get pretty hard to roll up and down. When the temp drops below 0°F, you can forget about using the windows, they don't move. You just have to open up your door when you use a drive-through.

Comment

mines pretty consistent except every now and then it works perfect. no matter what the temp. hey, not everything about the festiva is perfect, but close.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

I have recently fixed this problem.

Bear with me as I do not know the proper technical terms.

The Window regulator is part of the problem. The design allows for some window tilt, this is due to the guides on the regulator getting worn.
                          The main problem is over time the plastic pieces that hold the glass to the regulator (Attaching Screws go through them) will break or wear out. This allows the window to tilt to a point where it will be a problem.
                          You can either replace these plastic clips and the regulator slide guides, usually the clips is all it needs, or you can deal with it. I just used some tape around mine to help, but I will be buying replacements soon. The regulator guides are also plastic, but I am not hopeful about being able to buy them.
                          The window guides are not likely to get bent out of shape(the design for them is fairly solid). Also the guide towards the front is supposed to be soft like that, there is no real metal holder for it.

Comment

I've had brand new oem regulators do this in the winter..

Comment

On mine the bolts holding the glass to the regulator got loose... the window then slipped off the track in the front, cause the same type of problem you mentioned. I just took the door panel off and lined the track back up and tightened the bolts... I still have to kinda push the window back sometimes rolling it up though.
                              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                              X