Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Questions

First question, is this bend normal/ will it hurt anything

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Second question

I was trying to check the transmission fluid and i understand it has to go to the top line. I didnt see any lines could someone point out the right place to me?

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Also it smells alot like gear oil i have been reading to put ATF in it. Being that i am reaching 180000 here by the end of the month I would like to know what your opinions are on what to put in it

On a completely unrelated topic, I HEARD ERICAS HEART BEAT AND IT WAS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!! A friend of mine showed me the screwdriver trick!
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

the lines are on the end of your speedo cable
    Rod

"Confidence is the most important thing you can teach someone... if you can teach them confidence, you don't have to teach them anything else."

1992 truckiva
    1989 festiva lx (mine again)
    1980 triumph tr7 convertible (project)
    1976 tr7 hardtop (parts car)
    1989 dodge caravan turbo
    1975 amc gremlin 4x4 (play toy)

Comment

oh so the case is needs to be full full then? it went about 3/4 up on the speedo gear i showed you.
      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Third question: how do I post the photos? (copy the IMG code)

Oscar

Comment

By the way, I can see the level mark on the speedo gear shaft.

Last edited by perucho; 01-09-2012, 07:31 PM.
          Oscar

Comment

roadkyll said on the end of the speedo cable and you said on the gear....
            95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

It's supposed to be up to the tips of those protrusions but I just fill mine to within an inch of the top. That bend in the sheet metal piece is nothing.

Comment

ok thanks, im just trying to figure out where all this gunk came from... oil is fine brake fluid is fine the transmission fluid may be a little load but thats still a lot of crap.
                95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

i was told the end of the cable but that mark on the gear housing looks like its in about the right spot
                  Rod

"Confidence is the most important thing you can teach someone... if you can teach them confidence, you don't have to teach them anything else."

1992 truckiva
                  1989 festiva lx (mine again)
                  1980 triumph tr7 convertible (project)
                  1976 tr7 hardtop (parts car)
                  1989 dodge caravan turbo
                  1975 amc gremlin 4x4 (play toy)

Comment

Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
                    roadkyll said on the end of the speedo cable and you said on the gear....
                    I have no idea how he measures the tranny fluid with the speedo cable. Maybe he can enlighten us.
                    Oscar

Comment

[QUOTE=perucho;478318]By the way, I can see the level mark on the speedo gear shaft.

thats what i thought but there was a mark on the other side too thanks alot
                      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

same

I have the same question where to fill to and what fluid do u use in the manual tranny

Comment

I just keep the tranny fluid about an inch from top of the speedo hole, kind of a pain dipping the speedo gear in and out to check the marks which are about an inch from the top surface of the trans.

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
                            By the way, I can see the level mark on the speedo gear shaft.

This picture is the correct way. Or you can drain an E series & put exactly 80 fluid oz in. I've done this three times now & its spot on everytime. No more pulling the plug & trying to read fluid thats almost invisible. 80 oz.....
                            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

fluid

What type of tranny oil for a manual trans

Comment

Working...
                              X