Jumpy Speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ionfuel View Post
    OK. Great and thanks. Another related question: My cluster is the one w/o the tach; are the tach clusters interchangeable? Both plug in w/same connection? Will a tach cluster work in a festi that had an original non/tach cluster? Just wondered.
    same situation, i had one without a tach bought one with a tach, you have to reroute the speedo cable a little bit but it worked right away after
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

I took my cable out and lubed it yesterday when I installed my cruise speed sensor. The needle had been jumpy since I replaced the speedo cable months ago.
      I wiped off the speedo cable. It had a buildup of crud about where the grey block is towards the transmission end. Is that block full of grease?
      Anyway, I lubed with white lithium grease as that was the lightest I had. I guess I should redo with graphite.
      After reassembling, my speedometer makes noise. I thought maybe it would need time to settle in, but its still doing it today. The noise sounds kind of like rattling and gets louder with speed. The speedometer works and runs pretty smooth so I'm not sure what the problem is.
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Light machine oil..check the moving parts in the cluster, just a drop on
        a tooth pick here and there, don't get excess on the disk.
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Thanks. I'll try that.
          ~Austin
          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Yeah I've got it too. Always a lot worse when its cold out.
            1993 Festiva GL The Besty Festy

Comment

i used green bearing grease on mine over a year ago and its still smooth. i just pulled the cable out of the housig and used a grease gun on one end and pumped it til it came out the other. fed the cable through and cleaned the excess off.
              I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X