Festiva needs suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva needs suspension

I have a 91 festiva 145,000 miles that has 185/55/13 and whenever a big bump comes it bottoms out pretty hard in the rear. I've searched out all replacement quick struts and all I found was a very expensive racing set.

Is there any inexpensive similar strut spring combos that won't cost as much as the car did???

Thanks jesse

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

just get the shock part only from any supplier such as monroe
    It will come with the mounting kit as well, Then clean and reuse
    the spring, spring seats, bump stop and boot. If any of these
    are missing or worn out they are available as well. Some of the
    slightly better grade will include new bump stops too.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

just did my rears with sensatracs and it really made a differance these cars really don't weigh enough to wear the springs out.

Comment

Originally posted by jesse002100 View Post
        I have a 91 festiva 145,000 miles that has 185/55/13 and whenever a big bump comes it bottoms out pretty hard in the rear. I've searched out all replacement quick struts and all I found was a very expensive racing set.

Is there any inexpensive similar strut spring combos that won't cost as much as the car did???

Thanks jesse

see if you can find another set of front festiva springs and put them in the rear with new struts, that should easily fix your issue. Note; you'll have to cut 2-3 coils off the springs to get the car to level out.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Simple, very good and cheap: KYB GR2 for the Festiva. If you think you might go to taller tires in the future, get the Aspire Monroes because they have a taller lower spring perch.

Use either with Festy rear springs, or Aspire rears if you feel the need for more stiffness or height.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

About where do you live Jesse?

How old are your 185/55-13s? My guess is they're pretty old. Probably over ten years old. On the other hand, if you just bought them, I need to know where from!

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Well the tires are from ntb cooper life liner cs4 175/75/13 the old ones were 185s sorry, I'm in olmstead falls Ohio. but I was just replacing headlights and a guy with a 91 gl blue started talking to me he wants 400 for it and its only 100,000 miles might just get his and have two.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                About where do you live Jesse?

How old are your 185/55-13s? My guess is they're pretty old. Probably over ten years old. On the other hand, if you just bought them, I need to know where from!

Karl
                Summit racing has them but I must say
                you have expensive tastes!
                Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

the 175/75 tires you have on there now are too tall, even 175/70s are pushing the limit, try to find some 185/60s or 165/65s and your rubbing will stop.

oh and please get the blue car you mentioned, you can never have enough Festys
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

well im stuck with these tires till there done just bought them lil over a month ago...
                    but im going this afternoon to look at the blue gl this afternoon and at $400 im pretty sure he doesnt know what he has, well to us on here what he has

Comment

Originally posted by jesse002100 View Post
                      well im stuck with these tires till there done just bought them lil over a month ago...
                      but im going this afternoon to look at the blue gl this afternoon and at $400 im pretty sure he doesnt know what he has, well to us on here what he has
                      Good luck, hope you get it.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                      X