Stock Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Radio

Speakers are dying one by one. Is it the radio?

I've never had a problem with speakers going out due to a problem with a stock fest radio. Other vehicles I have though, every Astro van I or my family has ever owned has lost front pass side speaker due to stereo. I'd guess probably the speakers especially if they are original as well. Could also be wiring or the stereo, but my bet is on speakers.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

did you try testing a new speaker where the dead ones are? if a new speaker doesnt ''sound'' then it's the radio most likely.

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

^ likely the coils are siezing to the poles from age, rust, and broken surrounds. replace speakers first and test. a new head unit with a built in High Pass crossover will do wonders to your fidelity.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          a new head unit with a built in High Pass crossover will do wonders to your fidelity.
          All the guys I knew in college that liked stereos usually installed head units in their cars to attract more females (though a lot of the time that didn't work lol)... but that sounds like it would hurt your fidelity not not help it LOL :lol:

Just had to throw that out there
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
          X