Spark plug problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug problems

My festy has been running okay but when I pushed the petal down to give it some gittyup it would give me a little lag, like it needed spark plugs. The ones that were in it looked pretty old and having new plugs and battery, I figured I'd go ahead and get new plug wires to top it off. I went to oreillys and got some nice new 7mm plug wires put them in and started it. Heres the problem... it didnt wanna start and when it did i had to feather the gas to keep it running. It was idleing funny and I drove it around a little bit and realized it just wasn't running the same. It had a harder time pulling out and a much harder time drive up hills. SO... I stopped and put the old plug wires back in but when I started it again, it was still running rough. I'm sure I connected the plug wires to the right plugs and put them in the right spots on the dizzy. I'm really confused and wish I wouldn't have even changed them in the first place. What could be the prob?

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure that the plug wires are going to the right plugs? What a dummy! I guess I was to preoccupied to get it right. Two times! Gahhh

Comment

There's a recent thread about this same issue:

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

LOL!
      Oscar

Comment

oh, you know what... that's not right! lol how do I delete threads?

Comment

Ask an admin for mercy I guess
          Oscar

Comment

Working...
          X