Need Help, Fusiable Link Short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help, Fusiable Link Short

My festy is dying of fuseable link short. any ideas good sir?
    Last edited by Pu241; 01-21-2012, 12:37 PM. Reason: Needed own thread for best exposure and replies.
    Fesdiva is it's new name since she's acting crazy- 92 L

Need some info.

Originally posted by sharkstiva View Post
    dead thread but i'm bringing it back because my festy is dying of fuseable link short. any ideas good sir?
    Which one is popping?
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

The main. In the middle

Comment

Thanks for relocation. Btw.

Comment

I just went through this!

I suggest (if you havent already havent) switching your fusable links for fuses like the ones in the picture in this link. You will need to put in PINK GREEN PINK (30-40-30) and there is a pic of this in the second link.

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

DONT buy them at the local auto parts store, as you will pay $5 each, rathe buy them at a wrecker and they will either be free, or something like $5 for 10, etc........

Now before you reinstall the fuses, get some electrical connection cleaner, and a coarse pipe cleaner (or something that fits) and give the connections on that main brown fuse box a good scrub!

This is what I did, and I have not had a fuse blow since I posted this HELP thread over a month ago!http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ight=Main+fuse

Good luck!

Comment

fixed. my hot wire was coming undone and grounding causing the main fuse to blow.

Comment

do the block fuse thing i got rid of my wire links an cleaned the terminals an it runs great now
              Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

I've had block.fuses. the short was just popping mine.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkstiva View Post
                  I've had block.fuses. the short was just popping mine.
                  I knew you'd get it. What wire was loose? Then one attached to the bootom of the fuse link block?
                  Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                  Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                  Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

That's the one nitro. And again thanks for your write up on this

Comment

Working...
                    X