No headlights or running lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No headlights or running lights

'90 L. Had to replace alternator. Got it done. Sweet! Later that night bammmmm, no lights. Replaced Link Box with custom job and cartridge fuses, replaced switch at column. Hear relay clicking behind air box (but I know that doesn't mean it has any output).

Is there anything that I may have loosened (corrosion-wise) near the washer bottle while working on the Link Box. I wasn't really nice while I was moving things in that area but wasn't destructive so I don't see that as a problem.

No headlights, no taillights, no running lights, no hi or low beams. Brake lights work fine.

HELP, It is my brothers car and he keeps borrowing moms car, putting her out, everytime his car goes awry. He is a mooching little thing with a job and no adult responsibility. I need him to be with car again for my mothers sake.
    -Bryant

If you have a multimeter I would start at the headlights to make sure they have power, and check that they all just didn't blow, then work your way around to see where power stops.

My headlight relay clicks too but I don't have headlights either, only high beams, running lights are on different relay. The only place they connect is at the headlight switch, but you say you've already replaced it. Might just want to check your replacement switch to see if it is bad?

Brake lights would work because they run off the brake light switch...
    ~Zach

Comment

The main links you just replaced, one of the two smaller ones, the first break
      out from there is the headlights. That link fuse conversion must have a
      faulty part, no power is coming out of it. The other two are fine.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
      X