stuck clutch (not festiva)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck clutch (not festiva)

Ok this is on my 92 integra, 5 spd, 1.8 ls motor. The clutch sticks engaged. You push it and it drags when you stop. It's a cable clutch, not hydraulic. I'm thinkin maybe trans input shaft splines are f'ed up and its not letting the disc float back off the flywheel. Any ideas?
    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Try adjusting the cable, should be a large nut twards the trans side of cable.
    Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
    93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
    91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
    93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
    15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
    88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

It doesn't do it all the time tho. Sometimes it will break loose and work fine for a while and then stick again.
      89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:

Comment

My friend had this issue on her honda, it was the clutch cable. It ate through the cable sheath at the trans end & would drag/snag
        1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
        High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
        Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Hmm ill have to look at that. Trouble is, when I get ready to look at it, I can't get it to mess up, and I can't push the clutch and look at the cable at the same time. What exactly ate through the sheath?

Comment

Pilot bearing trying to seize. Grooves worn in splines.
            Cheap disk stacking fuzzies in the pressure plate and
            dragging on the disk..its all the same the clutch has
            to come out and you will probably be surfacing the
            flywheel and installing a kit with both bearings.
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

^^Or i could haul it to the junkyard and get my old 88 goin again... I really don't have the time or the place for that. I was gonna get rid of it anyway if i can ever find a bp donor car for my 89...

Comment

Originally posted by geezerstiva View Post
                Hmm ill have to look at that. Trouble is, when I get ready to look at it, I can't get it to mess up, and I can't push the clutch and look at the cable at the same time. What exactly ate through the sheath?
                The steel cable ate through the sheath where the adjustment nut is. It cut a clean slice through the threaded section

EDIT: You wouldn't need to push the clutch to see the damage, just pull the cable off the transmission side and have a look at it. If it's the problem I'm describing it'll be immediately apparent
                Last edited by Rocketman; 01-23-2012, 10:48 PM.
                1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Working...
                X