X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the winner is......

24mm... yeah!

consult the OP about the winnings..

Last edited by Movin; 01-29-2012, 08:39 PM.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
      06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Finally had time to get em done.Thanks for the help ya'll

Members Builds (questions about repair or how to do something belong in the proper forum)
        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

I need to do one of my cars. Doesn't the rack need to be held while the tie-rod is loosened? What about the roll pin?

Comment

I have no idea what the roll pin does. The 3 inners I have changed over the past year weren't condusive to monkeying with roll pins. Just loosened and tightened the 24 mm flats. You may have to hold the steering rack with a pipe wrench should the flats be overly stiff to get loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
              I have no idea what the roll pin does. The 3 inners I have changed over the past year weren't condusive to monkeying with roll pins. Just loosened and tightened the 24 mm flats. You may have to hold the steering rack with a pipe wrench should the flats be overly stiff to get loose.
              you want to hold the rack with something because they are on tight and all that "twisting tension" could cause damage using a wrench... i bought the inner tie rod tool from NAPA for 50.00 and it was one of the"jewl" tools trust me it so much easier and if you use a impact on it they come right off with no need to worry about damage....BTW i am a PSM at Autozone and the inner tie rod tool autozone and advance carry is jjuunnkk it wont even fit over the tie rod to get to the flat spot.

-Dan
              Last edited by daniel_cogar; 02-10-2012, 10:03 AM. Reason: added napa link
              1991 stiva.

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
                I need to do one of my cars. Doesn't the rack need to be held while the tie-rod is loosened? What about the roll pin?
                You dont need a roll pin.And as far as holding the rack.I didnt,but I turned the wheel to properly position the joint close to the bushings.That way your not twisting on it when its extened outside the rack housing. Works
                Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
                X