dash vent removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dash vent removal

tried searching but came up with nothing ,,, how do you take out the 2 side dash vents ?? look like they would break if you tried to pry them so I thought I would ask the pros first.

The single screw that holds each one in place is located under the dash on the inbord side of each vent. Do not try and pry them out. You will break the plastic pivot pin.

Comment

BFH and Sharp chisel! Idk which vents you're talking about so i can't really help, sorry. Guess i could go pull the dash out of the trunk of my Taurus and look but that sounds like work.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin86ranger View Post
        BFH and Sharp chisel! Idk which vents you're talking about so i can't really help, sorry. Guess i could go pull the dash out of the trunk of my Taurus and look but that sounds like work.
        He's asking about the vents on the ends of the dash, near the driver and passenger doors.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

yep thanks guys ill have to check it out tomorrow .....whats the best way to get to that screw

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
            yep thanks guys ill have to check it out tomorrow .....whats the best way to get to that screw
            with a screw driver.......:p
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
              Just get under there and look around; might be easy, might not.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

It's only easy if the dash is out. Here is a pic of the vent from behind the dash. The ductwork (which goes directly in front of the screw) has been removed for clarity. Good luck.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 02-05-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

well Ill report back here if I find a good/easy way to get them out lol... I have one of those flexible screw driver extensions , might help some

Comment

After you get to that screw and get them out, say a little prayer thanking the good Lord that at least it wasn't a Miata you were trying to take the vents out of
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                    X