brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake lines

Hey, so I was driving the festiva the other day and my brake pedal went to the floor.

I'm actually not really sure why yet because there is still fluid in the reservoir and none of the lines i can see are leaking. Anyway, I figured while Im pulling into the brake lines I want to replace everything with new lines and fittings, because the ones in there are all looking pretty bad.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has a list of all the hard and soft brake lines and fittings?

Id like to be able to get what I need before hand becuase I'll be doing the work on my buddies lift, but I cant really leave the festiva on his lift very long.

You must have an internal master cylinder leak if the level doesn't drop and you don't see any leakage. You can probably just do the rear lines as they are the ones that got salted for 2 decades. I get lines at Advance Auto but the routing is never pretty.

Comment

thanks. I've got a new master, so if its that then Ill be ok. I forgot to say this, but I want to upgrade to all stainless hard lines, so thats why I am hoping someone has a list of lines and fittings. I tried to start measuring stuff, but its really hard with it all in the car and on the ground.

I also wanted to do the whole aspire swap, but I have yet to find a donar aspire to pull parts off of.

Comment

The flare nuts are M10 X 1.0
        The brake lines are 3/16 diameter tube.

Comment

This might interst you, I'm surprised Bravekozak didn't post this up!

Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Thank you, I saw that post. I wish they had saved the profiles, I would have bought it. I guess I'm just gonna have to try to get all the lines out of the car while its on the ground so I can measure the lengths.

Comment

If you're doing the rear lines, I'd go to the trouble of doing the wheel cylinders too, and put one-man speed bleeders in 'em: www.speedbleeder.com part #SB8100; size is M8x1.0

Speedbleeder is in Newark, IL, just SW of Chicagoland.
              Last edited by TominMO; 02-05-2012, 10:53 PM.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
              X