Stake Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stake Nuts

:shock: I was greasing the rear wheel bearings and I usually go to the Ford dealer to get stake nuts. My Ford dealer says they are obsolete. I've Festiva Motor Sports and no one has returned my call yet. HELP :cry:

i've always resued mine so far... havn't ever bought ny. i think mine are staked at a good 6-8 places now, but they still work.... dont' u have any that are good enough for at least one more staking?
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

several parts houses in my area carry the stake nuts including NAPA

Comment

stake nuts from Napa

Watch out for rear wheel stake nuts from Napa! I went round and round with them here in Anchorage last summer about then not fitting for one of the sides (can't forget which side fit and which didn't). Finally just returned the stuff to Napa and re-used old nuts. Last December, I ordered 5 left and 5 right from FMS. Had to call them several times, and finally received the goods early in March, but haven't tried them yet.
        88L black, dailydriver
        88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
        4 88/89 disassembled
        91L green
        91GL aqua pwrsteer
        92GL red a/c reardmg
        3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
        1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

i never put stake on my nuts, i use butter or liquid candy of sorts. attracts the Lady's 8)

Comment

Originally posted by takeone51
            i never put stake on my nuts, i use butter or liquid candy of sorts. attracts the Lady's 8)
            No silly, its a garnish you sprinkle on your favorite stake. Next time you go to the outback ask for some. :wink:
            97 Ford Aspire 2dr 5 sp
            92 Isuzu Impulse 1.8 5 sp 140HP, handling by Lotus, balls by Isuzu.
            95 Mitsubishi Expo 2.4
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...64/xsext2a.jpg

Comment

stake nuts

I never did like the idea of my life depending on stake nuts, and certainly don't like the idea of reusing them after once being staked. I'd rather see a castle nut with a cotter pin. FMS told me that very late 93s did it this way, but FMS does not sell the metric castle nuts. Does anybody have a late 93 like this who can tell me how far from the end of the spindle the hole for the cotter pin is drilled? I'm assuming it is horizontal, perpendicular to the keyway into which you stake. I'm seriously thinking of converting my daily drivers over to this safer method.

BTW, castle nuts with cotters is how we hold wheels and other rotating parts onto airplanes. Any airplane mechanic would shudder at the thought of stake nuts. We also never reuse cotter pins.
              88L black, dailydriver
              88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
              4 88/89 disassembled
              91L green
              91GL aqua pwrsteer
              92GL red a/c reardmg
              3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
              1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

there is a cure for the stake nut problem :idea:

do the Aspire brake swap!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mechanicaldj
                  there is a cure for the stake nut problem :idea:

do the Aspire brake swap!!!!!!!

yea or dont put steak on your nuts, what kinda kinky people do we have on this forum?? i wouldn't let my balls get anyware near what im eating..

Comment

Working...
                  X