Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alignemnt

just did LCA's , t\tie rod ends and sway bar bushings, the shake is gone,
    I have a little pull to the left on test drive, i took a level and my drivers side was toed in at the bottom, I know how to adjust for this but I was wondering are there any other adjustments that are needed ???
    also I didnt torque the bolts for the sway bar bushing to factory, It seemed that they were not gonna get there (47 to 57 ft lbs) should I give it another go ????
    He said a bad word :nono:

1990 Festiva
    1987 F-250 diesel-powered
    1984 Ironhead Chopper
    1999 Ducati Monster

To adjust the camber, you have to reverse the top of the strut. But if it's already toward the inside of the strut tower, you will have to do some mods. But you know that. The toe-in needs to be set which will fix the steering wheel centering. I do mine with a length of string. I don't feel like explaining it again. Do a search.

Comment

no problem I already figured it out

1990 Festiva
      1984 Ironhead Chopper
      1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

Adjustable camber bolts are your friend!
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I said it wrong, my bad, the drivers side is toed OUT at the bottom, my bad , how many tie rod turns equal 1/4 inch ????, also i have tried searching but no luck on the mentioned thread, anyone got the link???
          Last edited by stonemaster; 02-14-2012, 09:08 AM.

1990 Festiva
          1984 Ironhead Chopper
          1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

So it is out more at the bottom then the top? That is called positive camber and has nothing to do with tie-rod end adjustment. You said you knew how to fix this but in case you don't: Look at the strut tower on that side. The hole is slightly bigger than the strut mounting. Your's is probably toward the inside. You need to move it to the outside. You do this by removing those 2 nuts (entire front end elevated) and also the 2 bolts that connect the strut to the knuckle. Pull it down till it clears the strut tower. Spin the top mount 180 degrees and reassemble. If you need more adjustment you have to get camber bolts or elongate the holes. Are you sure you got the right LCAs? The toe-in adjustment (done with the tie-rods) is trial and error. I'll try to find you that thread. But the camber must be dealt with first.

Comment

sorry george, I read the manual wrong ,thanx
              Last edited by stonemaster; 02-14-2012, 03:26 PM.

1990 Festiva
              1984 Ironhead Chopper
              1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

and dont worry about the thread either, i figured a diff way to do it, I'm cutting 2 12 inch 2x4 s and attaching them to a straight 8 ft 2x4, this will allow clearance of the tire and more accurate ( the bitch will be finding the straight long 2x4)

1990 Festiva
                1984 Ironhead Chopper
                1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

It's not to hard to find a straight piece of string and a hook.

Comment

sorry the 2x4 thing is construction joke, i just want something from the wheel instead of the tire, not that i dont have string as well, i'm a mason,

1990 Festiva
                    1984 Ironhead Chopper
                    1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...t=whacker+line Try this before you get a splinter. Have you got the camber set?

Comment

camber is fine
                        I'm gonna wait a couple of days on the rest as i got brake parts coming so I'm gona do it all at once

thanx alot

1990 Festiva
                        1984 Ironhead Chopper
                        1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

Working...
                        X