Fuel line diameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel line diameter

Going to stop on the way home and get some. What size is the rubber hose going to the carb?
    Early 99 F350 ex. cab longbox Powerstroke 6 spd, manual tranfer case and hubs 190k
    2009 ford flex
    2002 ford Ranger 4.0l, 6" lift, 35x12.50x15 super swampers
    1994 F150 4.9l, 5spd, 2wd
    1988 Festiva 1.3l, 4 spd, 184k

Looks like 5/16 ID. Make sure it's fuel line (neoprene) and not rubber. Doesn't have to be high-pressure (FI) hose.

Comment

got some fuel line to remove the stupid 90 degree bend in the factory line cause I thought that may be the cause of the dieing when stopping issue, but it didn't work so on the the next item.
      Early 99 F350 ex. cab longbox Powerstroke 6 spd, manual tranfer case and hubs 190k
      2009 ford flex

Comment

Crank the idle up with the plastic screw pass side rear. Might not be the problem but will make it driveable. Dashpot slows throttle plate when lifting off gas. Check adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
          Crank the idle up with the plastic screw pass side rear. Might not be the problem but will make it driveable. Dashpot slows throttle plate when lifting off gas. Check adjustment.
          Forget about the dashpot. It doesn't have one.

Comment

yeah they do! factory carbs have a dashpot. i'm betting his kickdown adjustment is out of wack and it doesn't actually idle on the base idle step EXCEPT when he comes to a stop from just off idle. that being said, that has to be fixed first before the base idle screw gets touched.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Couldn't find anything by that name (dashpot) in my carb manual.

Comment

Somethings out of wack. High idle is way to high when its cold and idle after it reaches operating temp seems way to low.
                I think the art of carb tuning is a lost art these days. I need to put a tach on it to see what it actually idles at when cold and at operating temp.
                If it were a diesel it would be so much easier to figure out. Lol
                2009 ford flex

Comment

Turn up the idle like I suggested in post # 4 to where it will idle healthy. You don't need a tach. If the cold idle is excessively high there is a screw on the driver's side rear to adjust it. It's the screw you can get to from above. Mine idles really high when cold also but I'll live with it for now.

Comment

Working...
                  X