vacuum line help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacuum line help

I had a stupid attack and didn't make note of the placement of a few vacuum lines. Can someone tell me what goes where and what the device that they are connected on the firewall.
    The hoses are orange stripe, white stripe and solid black. Which ports do they go to on the air cleaner.
    Early 99 F350 ex. cab longbox Powerstroke 6 spd, manual tranfer case and hubs 190k
    2009 ford flex
    2002 ford Ranger 4.0l, 6" lift, 35x12.50x15 super swampers
    1994 F150 4.9l, 5spd, 2wd
    1988 Festiva 1.3l, 4 spd, 184k

Stupid vacuum lines! I've had that problem a few times! There's a sticky for the hose routing diagrams tho if you want to try to figure it out the hard way. I don't remember which one goes where off the top of my head.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Left to right, port 1 goes to a hose that should be connected to a tee going to the canister (solid blk), port 2 should go to the top of the orange solenoid (wht trace), Port 3 goes to the top of the green solenoid (solid blk) and the orange traced hose should be going from the bottom of the orange solenoid to the FICB near the back of the carb and may still have a brown dot on top and and orange dot on the bottom. it connects to the bottom port.

Hope this helps.
      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Thanks. I'll double check tomorrow. I hooked them up and took it for a 15 mile jaunt with plenty of stop and go's with numerouse turns. Didn't notice any bucking or backfiring or stuttering so maybe I got lucky. Oh and turned up the idle a bit, no more stalling when slowing down either.
        Early 99 F350 ex. cab longbox Powerstroke 6 spd, manual tranfer case and hubs 190k
        2009 ford flex
        2002 ford Ranger 4.0l, 6" lift, 35x12.50x15 super swampers
        1994 F150 4.9l, 5spd, 2wd
        1988 Festiva 1.3l, 4 spd, 184k

Comment

Someone asked that question before. A seach would pull up the answer. Trick is knowing what to search for.
          Another way is to search through my old posts because I was the one who provided that routing, but it says I've posted over 1,200 times. Don't know who you'd deal with that.
          Last edited by WmWatt; 02-16-2012, 09:13 AM.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Is there a way to have the search function look for the entire phrase intact instead of each word?

Comment

george: You can try putting the phrase in quotes, eg "phrase goes here". That will do a search for the character string in some search engines. Good point.
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Kart laid it out pretty clear, don't know if this helps or not.

I cut off
                Pulse air control valve
                TK solenoid for AC
                Throttle kicker vacuum servo
                Map sensor
                Last edited by Movin; 02-16-2012, 02:09 PM.
                Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
                X