Hatch Squeak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatch Squeak

Any tips on silencing the annoying squeak in the hatch? I have tried adjusting the latch but it seems to come back a short while later.

wrap a small piece of electrical tape around the part of the catch that the latch hits. Use a piece about 3 or 4 " long. It will keep it quiet for a while. Lucky has the same issue.
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

If I slam my hatch really hard it stops. I'll try the tape thing. I hate that stupid squeaking thing.
      93 Festiva L White B6T
      99 Dodge Ram STL Green Cummins. AKA the Jolly Green Giant
      89 Festiva Blue
      91 Green “Mad Maxine” Festiva B6T
      93 Festiva GL Black BP automatic
      93 Festiva GL Green stock

Comment

turn the music up REALLY LOUD
        He said a bad word :nono:

1990 Festiva
        1987 F-250 diesel-powered
        1984 Ironhead Chopper
        1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

all purpose grease

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

Originally posted by stonemaster View Post
            turn the music up REALLY LOUD
            It only squeaks when I have a passenger

Thanks for the replies. Not too excited about slamming the hatch down. Would probably lose my spoiler... or cause more rattles. I will try some tape.

Comment

If it stops by slamming move the catch slightly to the rear. Far enough where you don't have to slam but not so much that it rattles. Worked for mine.

Comment

My hatch NEVER rattled until I read this thread last night. This morning after I started my car, the idle rattled it! I swear, once you get an idea in your head it happens...
                -Zack
                Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

My car runs smoother and quieter after I've had a couple of drinks.
                  Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

My hatch almost drove me insane on my trip to and from madness. The electrical tape trick works for a little while, you can also steal the longer hatch rubber pads ( little circle rubber things that buffer the hatch when closed) from a parts car and replace the short ones with longer ones. It helps but doesn't cure the problem. Having stiff suspension, stiff engine mounts and no interior or radio makes this problem especially annoying. I'm going to design my own latch catch that fixes it once and for all.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Tighten up Charlie!
                      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                      X