No announcement yet.

feedback carburetor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=unknown;490529]I don't find it to be terribly complicated. I mean, compared to a Weber set up it is, but it isn't rocket science. The problems I have with it are, diagrams that are not to scale, pictures that are small, grainy, and in black and white, and the frustration that all of the above bring. If one of these manuals were to start from the carburetor, pick a specific vacuum port, tell where the hose goes, and then move to the next one, that would be great.

After studies in all car models in classroom, the instructor in lab class will do just that in reverse, , he will pick a car and a port inside or outside a carb
    and have you explain the entire circuits purpose and function.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by unknown View Post
      I know kartracer posted an explanation on routing from the sensors to the breathers, that made more sense the first time I read it, than staring at the diagram for a week did.
      Thank you for that, but I owe it to some very good instructors I had coming up through the ranks. They taught me that either in forward or reverse terms it will and should have the same result, but OJT or Hands On is the best instructor in most cases.

The pictures only intent is for giving a general direction, the detail comes from knoweledge and Know How.
      Last edited by kartracer46; 02-19-2012, 04:12 PM.
      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

This is an excellent foundation to vacuum lines on the carby.

I tried to help Blue Ford Oval awhile back with this. I did not come across this thread in my forum search.

I'm going to throw my pics in here.

'88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

'88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

I put some more pics here...I have an intake/carb combo with the sensors still hooked up, laying on my floor. It looks like a squid. My verbal captions may be rather lame...I'm a man of few words, it just takes me a long time to say them.
            Last edited by BigElCat; 05-23-2012, 10:55 PM.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

The most frequent issue with these carbs on this site is someone purchasing a car missing the plumbing.

Comment

Thanks to GeorgeB for hookin' me up to this thread. I have a heck of a time with the search feature.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Working...
                X