brake rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stonemaster View Post
    from the diagram it looks like the rotor/hub are bolted together, they slide onto the splined shaft and are held on by the halfshaft nut correct ???
    BTW my replacement rotor/hub is on assembly and not bolted together
    Are you saying that your rotor and hub is one piece?

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
      Are you saying that your rotor and hub is one piece?
      my bad it aint
      Last edited by stonemaster; 02-23-2012, 06:18 AM.
      He said a bad word :nono:

1990 Festiva
      1987 F-250 diesel-powered
      1984 Ironhead Chopper
      1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

from the diagram it looks like the rotor/hub are bolted together, they slide onto the splined shaft and are held on by the halfshaft nut correct ???

1990 Festiva
        1984 Ironhead Chopper
        1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

Yup that's correct, but you can get the hub out of the knuckle while it's still on the car

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
            you ever get one to work on a Festy?
            Yes, excellent results. The non-direction finish is a nice plus too.
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              Yup that's correct, but you can get the hub out of the knuckle while it's still on the car
              could u give me some tips, i guessing some sort of puller is neccessary

1990 Festiva
              1984 Ironhead Chopper
              1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                Yes, excellent results. The non-direction finish is a nice plus too.
                we have one at my shop but it SUCKS and i wouldn't use it on any car. takes forever to set up and we have to bits for it to boot!.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Its nice having the rotor turned true to the hub as well. The other way will
                  almost always have a little lateral run out no matter how much you clean
                  mating surfaces.

You are right, they take a little longer to set up but not more than a couple
                  minutes , unless you haven't thrown the directions away yet! The way
                  the manufacturer says to do it is nuts for production.

Comment

A slide hammer will usually pull the hub/rotor out of the knuckle. Just make sure you don't get the bearing and races dirty and might as well put a little fresh grease in there while it's apart.

It's not the preferred method, as bearing damage can happen, but it works well enough the majority of the time.

Comment

oh, here's a big tip for you if you pull the hub from the knuckle (on or off the car):
                      Do NOT loose the spacer ring!!! and do NOT use it for the other side!!!!
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

whew! Last time I heard language like that I had Elk fever too
                        bad to pull full draw on the big bull Elk my uncle called in !

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                          oh, here's a big tip for you if you pull the hub from the knuckle (on or off the car):
                          Do NOT loose the spacer ring!!! and do NOT use it for the other side!!!!
                          sorry I cant hear u, could u speak up a bit

and thanx guys, both the Honda and Subaru shops have the rotor lathe so i may go that route , but since i already got the parts I'll probably tear into myself,
                          thanx alot guys, and I mean it
                          any of u guys get up to the High Country I'm buying the first round

1990 Festiva
                          1984 Ironhead Chopper
                          1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

Working...
                          X