gasket kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gasket kit

so the b6d i put in my festiva is throwing oil from the front main (not bad like a quart in 2,000 miles) and i would like to just re-gasket the hole motor when i pull it out to paint the bay... i know i should have did this when i pulled the b3 but i was to cold to paint.

my motor came from a 91 Capri this is the non turbo motor 1.6 b6d

Question is will this gasket kit work , I'm not using the head gasket just wanted all the others (heard that the h/g were junk) idk just don't want to buy some thing that wont work

most companys hve discontinued the b6d/b6t kits, you can still get the miata version, but there are not as many options as before, i bought that one for my b6t, hope it works!

Comment

I think Rock Auto still offers the parts, but not in kit form. Felpro has current part numbers and listings, so they are still out there.
      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Is it possible to buy the gasket material and, using the old ones as patterns, cut your own?
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Yes..choose the right kind gasket material for each one. Not as easy as
          it sounds. The head gasket would require so much special stuff its not
          worth it. Forming one piece of tinned steel into a fire ring, cutting odd
          shaped holes into thick, tough graphite gasket material is best left to
          a robot!
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

^:laughing3:
            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
            82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

thank you guys and rock auto dose offer one as a kit still but its $160 and thought i could get one cheaper some were else.

Comment

Working...
              X