PLEASE GOD HELP ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE GOD HELP ME

I am at wits end with this car. I was driving home and got down on her to pass a pokey and when I got around them I made a left and my car just died. its a carby and 2 year old crate engine. Its getting fuel from the squirter. it seems not to be getting spark battery is goos fire from coil is same as battery but nothing out the number 1 when you turn it over. Im not a genius but i know a good bit but could be over looking something simple. please help im tired of working on it and will be getting rid of it soon
    It's Not Much To Look At, But It's Still Funny To See The Look On Their Faces When They Catch Back Up To You At The Next Light!

You check your fuseable links? They're the wire things behind the battery.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Christiva, don't get rid of the car. PM Kartracer46. He lives close to you. He might be able to help you, or buy the car from you if you do get fed up.
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Until God responds try this: Pull the center wire out of the dist cap and stick it between a couple things to hold it a quarter to half-inch away from ground. Crank motor and listen/look for spark. If no spark then most likely it is coil. Also make sure cam/dist is turning (broken timing belt). Hope the car is in good place to work on.

Comment

pull the dizzy cap and rotor and dust cover. hose down the inside with brake clean. let dry, re-install parts and fire it up.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

pulled the cover on the timing belt and it s is nice and tight. will go back tomorrow and try the ground deal. fusables are good.
            It's Not Much To Look At, But It's Still Funny To See The Look On Their Faces When They Catch Back Up To You At The Next Light!

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
              Until God responds try this: Pull the center wire out of the dist cap and stick it between a couple things to hold it a quarter to half-inch away from ground. Crank motor and listen/look for spark. If no spark then most likely it is coil. Also make sure cam/dist is turning (broken timing belt). Hope the car is in good place to work on.
              no spark is usually an ICM or pickup issue, not the coil. test the coil for continuity between the + and - poles and between the + pole and the tower. if you have no continuity on either circuit, replace the coil. if continuity is good, do what i posted earlier.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Yea, just PM me your addy. I will run over tonight before the rain comes in and get it running. I will bring a spare coil and disty with me just in case.
                91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

When a Festy dies like that, I will ALWAYS suspect a bad distributor first. (darn things)

Since Kartracer is bringing a coil and disty to your house, i'm sure he will find what it is in no time flat.
                  I carry a spare disty and coil with me in the back cargo space.
                  Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                  Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                  Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                  Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                  http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I've got 2 spare distributors for a 93 festy, pm me if you need, or even want one to have a spare.
                    97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by iceracerdude View Post
                      I've got 2 spare distributors for a 93 festy, pm me if you need, or even want one to have a spare.
                      I dont think the carby (88-89) and efi (90-93) disty's are interchangable.
                      Dan

R.I.P.
                      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                        I dont think the carby (88-89) and efi (90-93) disty's are interchangable.
                        They aren't, I have both in carby form too. The color threw me off fo a second till I re-read his original post.

Good lookin out!
                        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Well christiva is up and running again! It was a bad module in the disty. I tried a coil first and still had no spark so i knew immediately that the module had indeed failed. I also had the pleasure of meeting three local law enforcement officers who were very curious as to what we were doing in the parking lot so late at night.:eeeeeek: Gosh I love small towns!
                          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                            no spark is usually an ICM or pickup issue, not the coil. test the coil for continuity between the + and - poles and between the + pole and the tower. if you have no continuity on either circuit, replace the coil. if continuity is good, do what i posted earlier.
                            I didn't have diagnostic tools with me, so I resorted to my old method of swap and try. The inside of the disty was clean and oil free so it lead me to believe the module had indeed failed.
                            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Kartracer to the rescue! Good job, man!
                              Got a fellow Festy guy back on the road again.

:wav:
                              Dan

R.I.P.
                              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Working...
                              X