Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

89 festy update; the good and bad - trany ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 festy update; the good and bad - trany ?

got it running and although it needs vac line help and a few misc. parts it seems to run good with minor smoking and no tics or knocks. guess the smoking problem was from it sitting a while along with valve seats. anyway after running it a little about 90% of it cleared up.

now the bad. transmission will have to be replaced - no 4th gear. all the rest are fine. forth is like shifting into neutral. you can pull down on the shifter with clutch in and it will grind but no 4th to be found. I wouldn't have a problem driving it for awhile like it is. going up long hills would be the only problem. having to use 3rd if 5th won't pull it would be a pain.

now the 64k ?. will a good trany from a 94 aspy bolt up or will changes have to be made to axels, or anything else for that matter - will I need the aspy axels or not? it sure is nice to have that 94 aspy sitting in the back yard. it was well worth it.
    Last edited by loknlode; 03-06-2012, 01:58 PM.
    admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

As far as I know the trans will bolt up but you need to use your stock mounts from the festy crossmember.
    93 Festiva L White B6T
    99 Dodge Ram STL Green Cummins. AKA the Jolly Green Giant
    89 Festiva Blue
    91 Green “Mad Maxine” Festiva B6T
    93 Festiva GL Black BP automatic
    93 Festiva GL Green stock

Comment

thanks - cleaned up nice
      admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

Working...
      X