Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carb Rebuild Broken Isolator Carb Heater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Rebuild Broken Isolator Carb Heater?

HI All. New here on the forum. Ive got an 89 Fest with the carb, Pull the carb to rebuild ( sat for 8 years till I bought it) and the Isolator-heater was broken. I assume it was a heater? had wires running to it. Any suggestions on a new one? How about eliminating it? I think I'll love the MPG once I get it running! It runs good if I pour gas in the carb!!!! Thanks Guys

That heater serves as a spacer as well. I can send you one for the cost of the shipping. It's in excellent shape.

Comment

if you're refering to the plate between the carb and intake, yes you can remove it, though cold startup will be affected (will take longer for carb to come off the choke and run smoothly when very cold outside). before tearing the carb apart, make sure the fuel lines and filter are clear and free flowing. then also make sure your fuel pump is actually pumping. i don't think you'll have to do much of anything to the carb once you can get some fresh fuel through it. also, since it's been sitting for so long, look for rotted vac lines. if the heater plate was cracked, that can cause a major vaccum leak, which will keep fuel from being drawn through the carb.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks for the offer bravekozak, I might have to take you up on that! FestYboy, if I take it off ,do you have a suggestion for a spacer? Fuel pump and all is good, the inlet passage for the needle and seat are completely clogged with goo. Bottom of the carb is a 1/4" thick with goo. Any suggestions on a carb rebuild kit guys? NAPA, Oreilly ,CarQuest? Any preferences? Thanks Again

Comment

Degunk everything and put it back together with the old stuff if usable.

Comment

I always recommend getting rid of the stock feedback carb. Adapt a Weber or similar carb. You will not be disappointed. Computer not necessary afterwards.

Comment

Working...
            X