my 1994 ford ASPIRE moves alot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 1994 ford ASPIRE moves alot

hello ive got a 1994 ford aspire from this man. so far ive replaced the lca on both sides, the transmission, air filter, several oil changes, new tires, axles, and others i cant remember.

so now that i gave you guys/gals some history time for the problem. i drive to school and back with my aspire and the speed limit on my road is 60mph. sometimes ill do speed limit or ill go 65mph if im late and when i hit around 55-70+ mph my car shakes, wobbles, you name it.

like when im driving the car will sway back and forth, making me fight to keep in straight line (almost ran off side of the road), and it shakes like the whole cars just going to dissolve leaving me in a seat grinding to a halt. i haven't driven it because of the problem.

these are some "other things" im going to look at and if you know if one of them is not the problem let me know please.

thinking it might be... struts, springs, warped rotors causing wobbling?, sway bar, wheel bearings. anything else you may know for me to check out will be appreciated. will replace some of these items eventually but just want my aspire back on the road where it belongs.

engine and transmission mounts.. look at them and make sure they aren't dryrotted, that could cause alot of hard vibrations. The swaying like your getting blown around by the wind is probably struts/springs or worn sway bar/frame bushings. check into some Moog polyurethane LCA/sway bar bushings too, PN k9737 iirc.
    Last edited by zoom zoom; 03-06-2012, 07:40 PM.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

im with zoom, check all of your bushings and also go get your tires balanced and rotated, plus you might need an alignment

Comment

OK thanks zoom, ill look into those, but like i said going to be tearing my car apart, after my sister's ford probe is done so she can start driving me to school, and while shes driving me in her ford probe (we go to the same school and same grade BTW) i'm going to start taking out my motor, transmission, all interior pieces including dash and all wires, and going to paint it black with clear coat and with neon green accents, yes ricer like lol, and i'm going to take out the back seat and make a custom audio system for my beautiful car. allot of work but with my undivided attention to her, ill get it done. ill post a complete list of things going to be done to her over on fa.com and/or ff.com if you guys would like to know over here. so look for it and ill be adding pics soon.

Comment

ya tires are balanced except one in the back so i have an automotive garage in school, an elective, and i'm taking all 4 years of auto so i can go after school and use tools and tire machines. i'm balancing that one Friday, and rocket you reminded me id does need alignment because it pulls sooo much lol.

Comment

You might have old tires with belts breaking inside the tire??
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

^2, just happened to me. And Welcome Aboard!!
              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

oh yea.. check your tires, I had one with a really tiny quarter size bump once that made the whole front end feel like it was about to fall off. that could be a source of the vibrations too....

definately start a thread on fa.com! We could use more dedicated Aspirerers!
                Last edited by zoom zoom; 03-07-2012, 07:25 AM.
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
                X