Are the carby and efi cams the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the carby and efi cams the same?

I'm rebuilding an old '90 EFI motor to drop into Babystiva ('88LX carb'd) and I have a spare head with the manually adjusted rockers on it, so I assume it was from a carb'd car. No way to know for sure though because it came along with a bunch of other parts I picked up a while back. I was going to just rebuild it and use it on the EFI motor, and keep the EFI head for whenever I need it. However, I thought that the camshafts were supposed to be different between EFI and carb'd? These two are the same, both say B301 on them. Are the carb and efi the same?
    No festiva for me ATM...

I believe they are identical, I know the EFI cams still have the lobe on it for the mechanical fuel pump

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Thats what I was figuring since they both had the same number, although the spare head with carby rockers had the mechanical fuel pump delete on it. Valves are the same too, at least by part number. I think I'll just rebuild the head that came off the EFI motor and throw on the manual rockers then, unless the HLA rockers will be just as good for a carby.
      Last edited by htchbck; 03-08-2012, 09:17 AM.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
      X