car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car

my 1988 festiva is acting strange it wont stay running when shift light comes on the car stop running can somebody help me please how do i ckeck for a groung on the car thank u

Trade for '92 auto delivered to Yoe PA?

Comment

could you tell us a little more about the problem..more than one gear? when did you notice this? Has there been recent repairs? Any clues you can think of that might relate
      to this problem.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

The shift light comes on when the engine is going fast and you should shift up to the next gear. That means it is drawing more gas and air so you migh be having a fule feed problem or an air vacuum leak. As the man said, could you provde a more detailed description of what's happening?
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

ok today i went to start car it started rite up ran for a few minutes turned headlights on and the engine speeded up cut lights off engine slowed down there are some vacum lines that r not hook upbut when i got car it was like that and it ran fine till shift light comes on and shuts car down

Comment

the idle is supposed to come up just a little when you throw the lights on (idle compensation). can you post pix of you engine bay so that we may be able to tell you what's out of place?

i'm not too far from you and can give a hand if you like...

also Bobbyspider is right down the street from you as well...
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Looks like you are in good company, lucky you!!
              Take advantage of that!
              Now if I could just get my own ## figured out!
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

The vacuum hoses are there for more complete fuel combustion to reduce exhaust emissions. You could try plugging the open ones and see if that solves the problem. But if you have emissions checks in your jurisdiction you'll have to get them connected up to pass.
                Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
                X