1989 festiva carb need all vacuum hookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 festiva carb need all vacuum hookup

i bought a 1989 festiva a month ago ran good just when you let off gas it dies so i sent carb off to be rebuilt just got carb back and have not been able to find a vacuum diagram for the car i did not take them off it was sitting in someones back yard i stop and bought it and they had vacuums plugged off and the efi heater was off i got manuel for it but there is nothing on the vacuum lines thanks in advance

How about some punctuation! Some of us here have shortness of breath. Anyway, someone posted several pages of carb pics on here a couple weeks ago that should help. Pics are better than the schematic. I couldn't find them.

Comment

sorry didn't know i was back in school.just playing i really need help i hate when people plug off stuff i really want to get it running correctly so it can be my daily driver i drive at least 100miles per day.please help i've looked every were saw some books on ebay but hate to buy them unless they show were everything goes i'm in morristown tn if i could find someone close buy to look at there stock carb motor that would be great

Comment

I have a schematic in my wiring/vac manual but it is useless if you don't know the name of the component. I will try to find the thread with the pics.

Comment

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Here is a link to some pics I posted. Now, I can't promise what you see is correct. But as far as I know it is, and my car runs without the engine light coming on.

Comment

^^^Dat's da one.

Comment

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

In this link, kartracer (and thank you again) posts a very good explanation of the hose routing, from the drivers side of the breath to the sensors and such.

Comment

ok thanks for the help so far but the carb has at least 7or 8 vacuum fittings on it im going to take the info that you all have given and try it and will get back thanks

Comment

Working...
                X