Replacing headlight glass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing headlight glass?

I've got a 93 with busted headlight on the RH side. It's still functional except for the broken glass. I bought a used headlight assembly off ebay that I got in the mail today, on inspection the glass looks to be in good shape but the housing has some surface rust. Nothing major but the one on the car looks to be in better overall condition so I'm wondering it possible to just swap out just the glass (without breaking anything) or am I stuck with changing the whole thing? I got the new headlight pretty cheap so I'm not complaining I just want to leave the best parts on the car if I can.

-On further review it looks to me like it's a sealed system so changing the glass is probably out, at this point I'm thinking the best option is a little light sanding/painting to clean things up before I do the install. Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

sand it down

use some rust neutralizer, like 3M One Step

then use black spray paint

done

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I prepped it with a wire brush and used a chemical rust treatment from the auto parts store called "right stuff" and it seems to be doing the job. I'm letting it dry overnight tomorrow I'll prime and install. I've already got the the grill off the car and the old headlight removed so the rest should be a snap. Maybe I should upgrade the bulbs next... hmmmm :idea:

Comment

Working...
      X