93 Festiva Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Festiva Swap

I have 93 festiva/auto, and i'm swapping out the motor and trans. from a 90 festiva/manual. I just have a few questions to wrap this project up.

1: Do i need the ecu from the 90 to put in the 93?
    2: No wire plugs under dash for the 2 switchs on the clutch pedal assembly from the 90, what do I need to do?
    3: What do i do about the 2 sensors on the manual trans.?

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

1) No, the engines all run on the same ECU auto or manual, 90-93
    2) Scavenge them from the donor car, assuming you have one. You'll need the clutch and brake pedal bracket anyways.
    3) The neutral safety switch and reverse light switch need to be spliced into the old harness, same function.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

more details

okay so i'm gonna need help with answers 2,3 have no idea where to begin to wire this stuff up. i have the donor car so i have the clutch/brake pedal assembly already out... the realy question is how to wire all this stuff up. Again thanks alot in advance.

Comment

help

If anyone could help with my wiring of the sensors, my project is at a stand still. A phone call or if somone is close by, it would be a life saver. Thanks

Comment

since you have both cars, it would have been easier to swap the entire engine bay harness from the 90 into the 93... that would take care of all but the pedal switch issues.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Just jumper the white plug with fat wires that goes to the trans on the car side of the harness. Then it will crank with or without the clutch switch. Just make sure you don't try to crank it while in gear without pressing the clutch. Not a complete fix, but it will at least get the car going so you're not dead in the water. Sort the other switches out as you go along
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

when you say swap out the entire engine bay harness, is that also include wiring for headlights and all? because from the middle of the car towards the pass. side the wiring harness got severed just above the radiator where is runs in the support rail.

Comment

^ yeah that's what it means, but that stuff can easily be spliced back together ant it won't affect how the engine performs (except the VAF harness)
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

harness

okay so i managed to get the wiring harness for engine compartment, so we are good there. now how to i deal with the two switches on the clutch pedal assembly inside?

Comment

The switch should be on the swapped clutch assembly.

Comment

If your question in post #9 was 'how do I wire the clutch switch?" it is not necessary if the procedure described in post #6 is done.

Comment

switch

yes there are two switches on the clutch pedal assembly, but there are no wire plugs under dashboard for them to plug into. need to know if i need them and how to splice into harness.

Comment

I only see one switch on my '89. Let me go look at the '93.

Comment

I only see one unless it's way up there. Don't know what it would be for.

Comment

You're right, there are two. The other one is called the "clutch engage switch" that connects to the ECU and grounds when the pedal is pushed. Not sure what it does, but the same thing is done by the circuit that goes to the neutral gear switch on the trans. It is a blue /white wire that will only be there if you swapped the manual harness over. I'll try to find what it does.

Comment

Working...
                              X