Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does the festy trans use auto trans fluid like the aspire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does the festy trans use auto trans fluid like the aspire?

changing the trans oil/dope - what does it use? my aspire takes auto trans fluid. that work in the festy tran too?
    admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

You can use ATF, and that's what I have in mine with no adverse effects. However, I would read this thread and decide for yourself.
    BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

Specified fluid for Festy manual transmissions is Mercon (Ford ATF) but from all the stories I'm hearing on this site almost anything out there called 'oil' has now become fair game.
      This is a game, I'm figuring, since there are so many burnt bearings and cooked syncho rings out there (on this site) that tar and molasses are now also highly regarded.
      Be forewarned; the thinner the viscosity the better the fuel economy you're gonna get. But long term wear and tear on tranny parts (especially older and worn units) hinges on lubrication and oil viscosity. And the thicker the stuff is (beyond factory specs) the shorter the practical lifespan of whatever unit you're running.
      Just my opinion of course.

Comment

I've only ever used ATF in festy and aspire transmissions and never had any issues.
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

There are also synthetic manual trans fluids out there. Will probably shitf ok a low temps, but thicker viscosity will probably lower mpg. (Even Motorcraft has one)
          186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
          1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
          1992 aqua L (agua)
          1993 blue L (aurora)

Comment

Working...
          X