Coolant Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant Leak

So after getting home with my festiva a week or 2 ago I notice the coolant I just put in is puddling up on the driveway. Thought it may have just been the overflow because I filled it up too much. Well not long after that I notice it is empty so I fill it up again and it emptys pretty quick, it seemed to be leaking somewhere near/underneath the resorvior. thought maybe a crack in the resorvior, took it out filled with water and tried to find a leak, nothing. Put it back in drove it around the block, parked it and it was leaking again, after doing this a few times testing different ideas I think I came to the conclusion that it is leaking out the overflow until it is empty. Anybody know why it would be doing this? Or what could be done?
    1993 Ford Festiva (automatic) First car :) No nickname yet :(

replace your pressure cap and test again. if the cap is good, you should have no coolent pushing out of the overflow.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Ok Ill have to try that. Thanks.
      1993 Ford Festiva (automatic) First car :) No nickname yet :(

Comment

Your fan is not working and the coolant is being forced out when the antifreeze expands or you have a head gasket leak that is pressuring your coolant system.
        I'd check the cap as Festyboy suggested above first, but I had a fan seize on me and it would "puke coolant" in the garage after the ride up the little hill to my house in Ohio.
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
        X