super low brake pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super low brake pedal

I got a festiva i got out of ga,and the brake pedal sucks is it common for master cylinder to gogo out

it's a 20 year old car, there could be any number of leaks in the brake system. put cardboard underneath and look for the drips.Then look up. If you do replace brake lines replace them all so the rest don't burst next.
    Owner of:
    1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
    In progress:
    BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Yes it is. Search button is your friend on that type of thing. I think there are even a few write-ups on it.

Welcome to the madness!!!

Mike

EDIT: Didn't think to mention that stuff, I'm tired and only answered the question at hand. Woops So in other words what he said! lol
      Last edited by 2xclutchin; 03-29-2012, 11:30 PM.
      Mike Holmgren
      Thief Rvr Fls, MN
      1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
      "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

The car has zero brake fluid leaks and thanks i was figuring it was the master cylinder no worrys i got a new one just in case thanks again

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

another option is poor drum shoe adjustment, pull the adjusters and make sure both pivot points are SLOPPY loose.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks bro ill check the drums monday i forgot they got that wacky adjuster lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X