Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

were is the fuel pressure hookup and the crank sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• were is the fuel pressure hookup and the crank sensor?

were is the fuel pressure hookup and the crank sensor? on a 93 festiva fuel injection. i need to check fuel presure and get a new crank sensor tomorrow. thanks guys and gals!!
    1995 jeep Grand Cherokee
    1993 Festiva L

No test fitting exist on the stock rail. You need to use an in-line adapter for your tester, most test kits include one. The crank sensor in internal to the dist, and not serviceable alone. You need to replace the dist as a unit.
    The dist are pretty reliable, whats you issue to make you think fuel pressure or crank signal?
    Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

ok thought i was crazy in not finding it on the rail like most cars. figure id have to use in line no biggie. my dad is a mechanic and said to check these things so i couldn't find them so i know were and how they are.my problem id it wont start unless i use starting fluid so i wanted to check fuel presure. i got a new fuel filter and fuel pump but mabye one or both arent good or its a sensor of sort. i'm going to pick in pull in morning so i thought id get some parts (sensors) to see if i can get it running. it sat for years so im trying to bring it back to life.
      1995 jeep Grand Cherokee
      1993 Festiva L

Comment

^ you don't need a distributor ( you have spark), you need to look at your VAF, there's an internal switch that keeps the fuel pump running after startup. and IIRC you already checked the inertia switch, so the VAF would be the next step.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

wheres the VAF? and weres the IIRC?
          1995 jeep Grand Cherokee
          1993 Festiva L

Comment

I have a carby so I can't answer your first question, but IIRC means If I Rember Correctly.
            Mike Holmgren
            Thief Rvr Fls, MN
            1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
            "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

Originally posted by weside View Post
              wheres the VAF? and weres the IIRC?
              Thats awesome!! I had to google some of the acronyms used around here, that one included. A acronym dictionary should be a sticky!!
              Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

i love that 0-60 in 5 mins LOL! i have to say this is a great forum. you festiva fantics have been very helpful, quick to reply and all around good ppl. thanks!
                1995 jeep Grand Cherokee
                1993 Festiva L

Comment

may want to check fusible links. bad one for the injectors will cause crank but no start. I Learned that one the hard way

Comment

thanks but i checked all fuses and there good.
                    1995 jeep Grand Cherokee
                    1993 Festiva L

Comment

Hate to sound like a broken record but if fuel delivery is in doubt jump the self-test connector. THAT'S WHAT IT'S FOR! You can hear it run without having a helper or removing the intake duct.

Comment

VAF = vane air flow. it's the aluminum boxy thing sitting right above your air filter and there's a 7? pin connector that goes to it.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

IT LIVES!!!! sort of. i put the glass in(which has nothing to do with anything) and turn the key and it fired up and ran....but my crankshaft pully is wobbling like crazy so i shut the motor off. hmmm now what? it also dies when i try to go in 1st gear.
                          1995 jeep Grand Cherokee
                          1993 Festiva L

Comment

Working...
                          X