Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Movin;503827]
    Originally posted by scitzz View Post
    Tested for vacuum leaks, brand spanking new plugs, with only a couple hours idling on them....

I haven't tried "spanking" plugs is it fun??
    You spank the plugs or the plugs will spank YOU!
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

the oil issue is likely a bad (or very dirty) valve seal. if you have a bore scope, that would point you in the right direction.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

It just seems unlikely that the rings would wear to that extent.

Comment

sticky rings from setting in that location for so long would be my guess. Seafoam them for 3 or 4 days and try running it to get it good and warm. Also was the oil fresh when it was fired back up? If not get some good high detergent oil in it and add black bottle of cd2 and continue to run and flush all the old degraded oil out. It may come back to life.

add, you may even try a mix of kerosene and atf mix vs seafoam if it isn't aggressive enough to lift the scum from the rings and lands. Those rings need to be able to expand.
          Last edited by kartracer46; 04-05-2012, 06:53 AM.
          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
          82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Your #3 and #4 spark plugs are too far apart.
            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
              Your #3 and #4 spark plugs are too far apart.
              I THOUGHT they looked off somehow!

Comment

You can read the piston to see if its rings..
                Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Just for S&G's. To protect my rep, you understand, since no one wanted to take my word for it, and laugh at all the oil on the spark plugs with me, I did a compression test....

Cylinder Result.

One 240 PSI, fell to 210 in 20 minutes
                  two 210
                  three 20, fell to 0 instantly
                  four 25 and held.

Did I mention the oil fairy standing on the edge of the cylinder, peeing oil into them? That would be why one and two are so high, they already have plenty of oil in them. I wasn't making fun of your idea, george B, I just knew you didn't grasp that the cylinders ALREADY had tones of oil in them...

Oh, I forgot to mention the noisy rod knock, or that strange thumping sound emanating from the block on each rotation....

Just an update.

Gonna finish pulling the engine out after I wake up today. I have to test these other two engines, which is the real reason I bought the third compression gauge of my life. The one I "borrowed" from AZ was crud....

now, where in the FF.com forum should we post a progression thread for updates?

Comment

Sorry, I was a little testy this morning, probably because of rod knock, which we don't have in these cats, that is another car I had in mind.

Any hole, that is where we are...

Comment

Cats, cars, all the same...

Comment

sticky rings from setting in that location for so long would be my guess. Seafoam them for 3 or 4 days and try running it to get it good and warm. Also was the oil fresh when it was fired back up? If not get some good high detergent oil in it and add black bottle of cd2 and continue to run and flush all the old degraded oil out. It may come back to life.

add, you may even try a mix of kerosene and atf mix vs seafoam if it isn't aggressive enough to lift the scum from the rings and lands. Those rings need to be able to expand.
                        i very curious if this would work, i junked a engine because i had u put a three quarts of oil in my car between every fill up... drove it that way for six months... it only had 140k on the engine. now im delighted to say that im running a engine thats got 250k on it and only have to add a quart every thousand miles or so. would seafoaming my cylinders help my blowby too?
                        93 L plus 5 speed, custom herculined paint job, custom billet grille

Comment

He told me about the cd2, and I tried it in a customers escalade. Success.

Comment

Working...
                          X