Lower Crank Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Crank Seal

Alright, hopefully this will be my last help forum post this weekend. I have dropped the motor down to gain access to this seal, and have tried the 2 screw trick (Can't really grab the top screw) and I also have been using a puller (very little access to use it). Is there any magic way to get this seal out? The Cam seal came out like cake with the puller but I just can't get enough leverage to get the bottom one out. I would presume that this seal has been in for 250K so it is in there good.......but leaking a massive amount of oil. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    :festiva::newb::festiva:

All you need is one screw. Just make sure the sharp threads don't angle toward the crank journal when pulling. Use something that has leverage.

Comment

I finally got it after a couple of hours thinking of different was to get it out. I lifted the motor alot higher than I wanted to but I was able to get the puller and hammer in over the fender well. One solid tug and it is out....finally! No to go get another seal since I messed up the top one the first go around. Thanks tho George!
      :festiva::newb::festiva:

Comment

Working...
      X