Hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatch

I was searching around and didnt really see much info on changing a hatch with defrost and wiper. I have a 91 L with no defrost and no wiper and just got a hatch with defrost and wiper off a 91 GL for 15 bucks off CL. Question are can I install it on my 91 L? What are the plugs I need? How can I install rear wiper fluid container? Thanks!
    1991 Auto Ford Festiva " Noel " <-- cuz theres No L in Festiva
    1991 Manual Ford Festiva
    1999 ford f-250 5.4L My gas guzzler.

All the plugs should be there, I don't know about the bottle though
    Owner of:
    1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
    In progress:
    BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by blacklabels View Post
      I was searching around and didnt really see much info on changing a hatch with defrost and wiper. I have a 91 L with no defrost and no wiper and just got a hatch with defrost and wiper off a 91 GL for 15 bucks off CL. Question are can I install it on my 91 L? What are the plugs I need? How can I install rear wiper fluid container? Thanks!
      That's because it's PnP, nothing to it!

Yes, you can install it on your '91L.
      No plugs needed, harness on your '91L will have unused connectors for the wiper and pump.
      If you got the fluid container, all the connectors and brackets are under the interior plastic on the passenger side.
      Hard part will be running the tube from the container to the squirter nozzles.
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

"Hard part will be running the tube from the container to the squirter nozzles" says Pu241. In my opinion this is an understatement. I had such a heck of a time taking one apart that I never seriously considered trying to put one back in. At least his hatch has the squirter nozzle already in place and also no hole to drill for a wiper.

Comment

Alright ill be looking at it more tomorrow. Gotta find a wiper bottle now though and switchs for the wiper and defrost to work.
          1991 Auto Ford Festiva " Noel " <-- cuz theres No L in Festiva
          1991 Manual Ford Festiva
          1999 ford f-250 5.4L My gas guzzler.

Comment

Working...
          X