Headlight issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight issue

The headights on our silver Festiva stopped working. They were working when I pulled it into the garage the other day. The daytime running lights are still working. When I turn the headlight switch I can hear the park light relay doing its thing and the headlight relay clicks when it's supposed to. I've tried bulbs I know are OK with no change. The "head" fuse is OK too. Any ideas?

Thanks

Ian

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk 2
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

did you test for power and ground at the plug? need to know those two things and work back from there.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I'm going to check that out tonight and will report my findings...

Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

What year ? My 89 auto had a metal case relay under the battery . That was my problem .
        Just an idea !!
        New build on the way .

Comment

Well, the problem with the headlights turned out to be me! I had pulled the headlight and wiper switches to install an intermittemt wiper setup and forgot one of the plugs when I put it all back together. Oops. Headlights are now shining as they should

Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Numero uno of electrical repair....
            go where people have last been!!!
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
            X