89 festiva wont crank over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 festiva wont crank over?

i just got a 89 festiva it has the efi 3spd auto trans. well i had to bust out the ign switch but the plastic switch is good and can use a reg screwdriver.
    I put a battery in it and turned the switch on and the dash lights come on but it wont turn over no?? Aslo my trans is in neutral do to stuck shift rod but it should still start in neutral i think.

Does the battery have at least 10v? My aspire wouldn't even crank with 9.6v on the battery and the electronics were on but were all screwey, after it charged to about 10.4 it started fine.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

well i think i found the prob. i checked the 3fuseable wires near battery there good got the trans into park so thats good i checked the wires to the solenoid with my test light as j had my dad turn the switch over and its getting power when he turns it over when he releses it itstops like its supposed to. So im pretty sure the solenoid/starter is bad. Now i just have to find out how to remove the starter??? :/

Comment

Starter on automatic is behind eng facing backwards.

Comment

yea i seen that just looks really complicated to remove

Comment

Never took mine off but it might have 3 bolts vs. 2 on manual trans.

Comment

found the prob haha i feel like a tard! seeing i took the shift cable off i was turning the shaft on the trans the wrong way putting it in drive/2nd/1st lol turned it to park and it turned over now to see if it has fire. i know the fuel pump isnt working cause i took the gas lines off at fuel rail and they were dry.

Comment

make sure your VAF is connected and the air tube from the vaf to the throttl body is installed and doesn't have holes in it.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

yea dont matter now the car is junk found 5 holes in the structure parts of the frame so its too far gone

Comment

save what you can and find another chassis!!

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

i cant find any around me other then 2 and there just as rusted :/

Comment

there ARE other states other than NY.... and that have rust free festys...!

Comment

but i have no way to deliver if i buy outa state unless its good enough to drive

Comment

Uhaul dolly and a decent car? I picked mine up from Ohio (albeit only an hour's drive) with a Uhaul dolly and my Grand Marquis.
                            -Zack
                            Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

id have to rent a car/dolly but still its finding one lol

Comment

Working...
                              X