LCA & Sway Bar Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCA & Sway Bar Bushings

How does everyone Torque down the nut that compresses the sway bar bushings that are housed in the LCA? Weight ON vehicle or weight OFF suspension? I've been doing it Weight ON,normal ride height.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

I just use the impact with it in the air. Use my professional, highly calibrated, very precise trigger finger. Never failed me yet. But you can use a breaker bar or large ratchet on the ground or or on a jack stand. You should be compressing the rubber bushing, which by its nature will flex as the suspension moves, so wither way is fine.
    Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
    93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
    91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
    93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
    15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
    88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

I don't think it really matters either way, I usually just tighten it down until you can see the hole to put the cotter pin through and call it good. Never had a issue
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

I did mine with it in the air, unless u is some skinny ass mofo u just about have to
        He said a bad word :nono:

1990 Festiva
        1987 F-250 diesel-powered
        1984 Ironhead Chopper
        1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
          I just use the impact with it in the air. Use my professional, highly calibrated, very precise trigger finger. Never failed me yet. But you can use a breaker bar or large ratchet on the ground or or on a jack stand. You should be compressing the rubber bushing, which by its nature will flex as the suspension moves, so wither way is fine.
          I was always taught to do my Full Floaters this way. Especially with Poly Bushings.
          Originally posted by stonemaster View Post
          I did mine with it in the air, unless u is some skinny ass mofo u just about have to
          I've been impacting them normal ride height.Then raise up car inserting the cotter pin.
          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
          X