Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension repair

Hi guys,
    I just bought a Festiva. It is a 1988 5 speed with only 95,000 miles on it. It only cost me $250 too! I am kind of excited.

Anyway, it needs some rear suspension work and I was wondering if you could help me out. There looks to be some sort of trailing arm or control arm or something coming off of the rear axle that has rusted off. It attaches to the car behind the axle. I don't know what the part is called or where I can get the best deal for one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Phil.

First off post your location in your profile.

If you post a pic of the problem I'm sure someone here has the part for you. We usually swap our rear beams for ones from an aspire so some of us have the festiva parts still lying around. Is it the beam or the bracket that holds the beam to the car?

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

It is the bracket that holds the beam to the car. I haven't picked up the car yet so I don't have any pics. I'll start a new thread with pics when I get the car, so just disregard what I have asked so far.

Comment

If it's a trailing arm or the bracket that has rusted off, that ought to be interesting!

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Was that the car that was for sale on E bay?
          Paul
          91GL
          Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

Yeah, its the ebay car. Cheap as hell and it runs like a champ. Just have to fix that one issue. A little cutting and welding and it should be ok.

Comment

Working...
            X