ASPIRE ATX Tranny mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASPIRE ATX Tranny mounts

Anyone know some good info on the mounts? Front/Rear are they different pn's? All I can find is Westar http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180814472817. But seller dont designate front/Rear.I have emailed seller.No response yet. Rock Auto list the same PN for ATX & MAN trannys.( I dont think this is correct) I called Rock Auto & the they really couldnt tell me much. They gave me the email addy for DEA and I shot them an email as well. Please help if you have any expense with the Aspire ATX mounts.Thanks ! I need to get this ride rolling safe for my wife.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Anybody got a clue? The only solid info I've gotten back is for the front. But nobody is showing a listing for the rear. drool

Comment

Can't find the rears anywhere for the Festiva ATX either. Even the very few that do get listed as being for the ATX are always the MTX mount when people get them. Don't know about the aspires but on the Festiva a little bit of grinding on the case where the mount bolts up and you can convert the trans permanently to use the MTX mount in the rear.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

^ Ok thats good nough for me. At least I know someone else is in the same boat. I just ordered the Front Tranny & Engine mounts.Then when I'm installing those I'll pull the rear tranny & try to do a comparo- Even the dealer's show a Front but no rear. Aint that odd? I've tried NAPA,Oriely's Advance & Auto Zone. Thanks Htchbck-

Comment

This site has the rear MTX cheap enough to fab , I just installed one and they are
          good mounts. Sounds like you have to grind down some tranny case though?
          My old mount fit my case tight. The new mount crushed a bit before it came up
          tight on the case. Maybe it will fit as is?

Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

FWIW the difference between the ATX and MTX rear mounts on the festivas is that the stud on the bottom is offset by about an 1/8" on the ATX and the ATX one is about 1/8" wider. So what happens is you shave about an 1/8" off of one side of the case to accept the skinnier MTX mount, and this in turn moves the stud over an 1/8" correcting the difference in offset. Its not exact but it gets things very close. Some have even bent the MTX mounts wider to fit on the ATX, but that doesn't address the offset issue. I can't remember which side of the case you shave (driver side or passenger side) but you can use the old ATX mount to see which way the mounts needs to be shifted and cut accordingly.
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Those studs are a bear to line up anyway and the trans feels 3 times heavier than
              it is on that rear mount. The new one rear manual mount was about that too
              wide, maybe more like 1/16 .

This is pretty cool, its the kind of information I don't have in any of my information
              sources !!
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                This site has the rear MTX cheap enough to fab , I just installed one and they are
                good mounts. Sounds like you have to grind down some tranny case though?
                My old mount fit my case tight. The new mount crushed a bit before it came up
                tight on the case. Maybe it will fit as is?

http://www.davesdiscountautoparts.co...=True&rewrite=
                Thanks Movin,yes the MAN Aspire mounts we can get cheap.So thats prolly waht I'll end up doing. I'm gonna pull the rear and see where the hole is in the the doughnut part.Cuz there is a company that sells MAN ones that also has an offset hole. Aspire mounts arent quite my forte' yet. And the manufacture's dont really give good info.

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                FWIW the difference between the ATX and MTX rear mounts on the festivas is that the stud on the bottom is offset by about an 1/8" on the ATX and the ATX one is about 1/8" wider. So what happens is you shave about an 1/8" off of one side of the case to accept the skinnier MTX mount, and this in turn moves the stud over an 1/8" correcting the difference in offset. Its not exact but it gets things very close. Some have even bent the MTX mounts wider to fit on the ATX, but that doesn't address the offset issue. I can't remember which side of the case you shave (driver side or passenger side) but you can use the old ATX mount to see which way the mounts needs to be shifted and cut accordingly.
                Thanks Htchbck shaving an 1/8" shouldnt be to bad.As long as I can get up in there with my grinder. I might have to hook up the cherry picker.And lower it down a tad for access. But lets hope I can just get a MAN one to fit. drool
                Thanks again for the help Fella's-

Comment

I had an issue on my ATX rear mount where the bolt after install would not tread. They may have used a different tread size on the aftermarket vs stock. I was unable to figure out what the tread size Should be. Against my better judgement used a smaller nut and bolt going thur. Check your factory bolt in the new mount prior to your install.
                  91 Festiva, BP, auto
                  69 Mercury Cyclone CJ, 428 SCJ, 4 spd

Comment

Update

The Aspire ATX use's a MAN mount for the rear tranny mount. The ATX front is completely different. But for the rear, the ATX & MAN are one in the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X