I'm stumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm stumped

Ok a few weeks ago my 91 b6 swapped festy quit due to a rusty tank it sucked some rusty crap and plugged the filter so I changed the filter and still wouldn't run so I figured I must have got some trash in the injectors so after replacing th tank I replaced the injectors with a known good set and it still won't start after some more checking I found it was overloading(flooding) and fouling plugs so then I put a new pressure regulator thinking it had gotten trash in it and it still is overloading so I can get it to run if I unplug the fuel pump lead and holding the accelerator to the floor so I'm stumped any suggestions
    Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

sounds like your injectors are grounded out (always open). start by looking at your injector harness with a DVOM (do NOT use a test light or sweep meter).

this is assuming that i'm reading your post correctly and you can get the engine to run for 'X' time before it quits. (a little punctuation would help here).
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Yes my apologies for the lack of punctuation. I am posting from my phone. The car will run for 20 seconds or so with the fuel pump lead unplugged and the accelerator on the floor and it puffs black smoke from the exhaust. So if the injectors are going to ground is it caused by bad fuel or trash in the fuel? The car was running fine until the trash in the fuel.
      Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

Yes my apologies for the lack of punctuation. I am posting from my phone. The car will run for 20 seconds or so with the fuel pump lead unplugged and the accelerator on the floor and it puffs black smoke from the exhaust. So if the injectors are going to ground is it caused by bad fuel or trash in the fuel? The car was running fine until the trash in the fuel.

Comment

constant ground will cause the injectors to hang open, this is an electrical issue, not mechanical.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
          X