still need help with my 89 festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still need help with my 89 festiva

think i got the vacuum lines correct,not sure.set idle and time and it purred while sitting then hooked the vacuum lines back to distribitor and the idle fell real low and tryed to drive it and it dies when you are coming to a stop and it jerks while your driving down the road.honestly this car is driving me insane.please help and if anyone has a carb car with the stock b3 close to morristown tn 37814 i'd be will to pay just to use your car to go by,also if anyone has good pics showing how the vacuum ,lines run that would be great any and all help is accepted and appreciated thanks.

What area do you need pics of?
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

I have my air cleaner off doing a valve adjustment. I'll take some tomorrow.

Comment

Just took a bunch, here is the photo bucket link. You can mark them to ask questions as well.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

the ones on the driver side firewall were do they all run to thanks for all your help

Comment

i looked at the pics but really could not tell were they all run to and the two on the distrubitor

Comment

Ok, give me a bit

Comment

Newcomb is in Fayetteville...don't know how far away. Maybe you two could do a side-by-side comparison.

Comment

Not a bad idea. The car is my daughters. Runs great but isn't tagged yet. Since his isn't running well....

Blue, you are welcome to bring it over if you can!

Comment

I am at the parts store now, will get the pics when I get home, check the album by 9:30- 10:00 PM EST. Those may be hard to get though!

Comment

Chamber A on top of the vacuum advance should give you 10 deg of additional advance
                      over your base setting when you apply vacuum to it. It should hold vacuum as well
                      and not leak.

Chamber B next to the cap should give an additional 14 deg of advance and also
                      should hold vacuum.

When you test these one at a time the engine idle should speed up and smooth out.

I suspect you may have a worn breaker plate causing the pick-up to have excessive
                      clearance...only when you are advancing it or driving it with it hooked up.

Try driving it with the advance unhooked, I bet it drives better, but will lack the
                      power it should have.

A reman distributor is probably your best bet. You could get a new breaker plate
                      and pick-up but they are harder to find and you still have old parts in the disty.
                      You could get a guaranteed good JY unit..
                      You are doing great !
                      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

OK, I added some pics. The lines are NOT precise, just a general pointer, you have to follow on your own. Drew them on my phone as I was looking at it.

The first I have noted in the album, is from a different car that has a couple of the hoses still in place, with the engine out.

Hope it helps!

Comment

are the 88and89 festiva's the same as in vacuum lines and emission parts? found nice pics of how they all hook up but it's for an 88 it's a dealer book or something

Comment

yeah, they're the same.

sry for not getting back to you sooner BTW
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I took some pics of my semi-disassembled '89 but I can't find the wire to download them. I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X