vaf .plug....maf ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vaf .plug....maf ....

How do i check the plug on air box...its connected and looks fine....there was oil all inside air box tube...all i have is code 17....it idels fine..but you touch pedal and it will almost die even to the floor...but it wont die...let off runs like a champ any ideas.....

look for cracks in the air tube between the VAF and throttle body. i suspect you're getting "false air" to the engine.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

ok will check that tomorrow ......I know the tube is good but didnt check the hard plastic part to throttle body ....

Comment

I looked everywhere and cant see any cracks ....i sprayed carb cleaner and didnt get any high idles either...not sure if that works or not

Comment

Did you check the plug connection for the VAF? Many people have reported good success with inspecting/cleaning the connection.
          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Have you checked for fuel filter for restriction?
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Yes i checked conection on vaf plug it looks fine i cleaned it anyways..and i put a new fuel filter on it .....

Comment

Originally posted by redrocket81 View Post
                Yes i checked conection on vaf plug it looks fine i cleaned it anyways..and i put a new fuel filter on it .....
                Do you have a spare Distributor you can throw at it? I had a similar problem on a Aspire. And it was the Dizzy.Car would start/idle fine. Try to give it throttle & cough cough cough.New used Dizzy fixed it.

Comment

i put dizzy cap and button ,wires plugs,fuel filter air filter ,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by redrocket81 View Post
                    i put dizzy cap and button ,wires plugs,fuel filter air filter ,,,,,,
                    No Dude, the Dizzy itself was bad. Not cap or rotor.

Comment

also check for arcing at the coil, look for signs of plasma burns.
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

all I got ya..well its at the shop now see if they can get it going ...i was out of ideas..

Comment

Working...
                        X