Idle adjusting question ,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle adjusting question ,

Is this the idle speed adj screw ? What should it be at my car seems low it is idling around 500 in gear like 600 out of gear mines a automatic

That's it. Turn it to the left. You're supposed to ground the STI but I never do.

Comment

Whats the sti and how do u ground it ? Are u sure its ok to just turn this right ? Whats ur car idle at ?

Comment

Weird left turn makes it raise the idle ? Really

Comment

That tube with the hose clamp around it in your pic? Remove it and see if the plate that
          moves when you pull the throttle is dirty. If either front or back of the plate is dirty clean it real good with carb cleaner spray on a rag or soft brush like brass. Rinse sparingly
          with whiffs of carb cleaner when done. Hook it all back up and start your semi-flooded
          engine. After it clears up and settles down, check your idle.

The one in here now idles at 2000 shortly while cold, slows down to 875 in park
          and drops to 600 in gear but immediately picks back up to 680 in gear.
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Instead of left/right, change your above statements to clockwise/counterclockwise and I bet you guys find out you're saying the same thing.

Just my 2 cents
            ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
            #2 .....Cheesehead
            #3 '91 White - Donor Car
            #4 .....Montana Project
            SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
            Bought her back for $450
            Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

Some people don't know the way a clock goes.

Comment

i know how some clocks go. tick tick tick right??
                Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
                93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
                01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

The clock analogy is not far wrong. I've instructed enough Middle and High school kids to realize that reading digital time is a lot easier for this generation than comprehending hands and dials. The phrase 'clock-wise to tighten' when teaching shop is no longer obvious and also has to be taught.

Comment

Ok so idling warm at like 850 in park and then it should be around 650-675 in gear i think right guys ?

Comment

If a clock makes noise usually the LED flickers too and it a good idea to
                      replace the clock before it starts burning fuses. If your fuse burns usually
                      you replace the alternator and all kinds of other stuff before you ever
                      suspect a noisy clock!

Why are some clocks wise and some the other way?? Is this like some
                      smart people are professors, and other smart people are crooks or politicians?

What are phone dial wheels??

Google interpret seems useless here, I need to plug a new destination in my
                      GPS start the route and save the tracks just in case I lose my web connection
                      and can't update for an alternate route in case of traffic jam...I would use my
                      cell but the bandwidth will only let me tweet and email at the same time and
                      I wouldn't want to give that up just because I was lost....gotta switch to GSM
                      from CDMA but that might take a day without..Shoot I had to double up on
                      prozak the other day, I thought I lost my phone but it was in the car charger,
                      gonna have to get a "card" ..just in case!

Comment

Oh!! yup, sounds good, should be smooth sounding too.

Comment

Lmao ok

Comment

Working...
                          X