Oil in VAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil in VAF

Took off the VAF and air intake to find oil in both. Any ideas on how this happens

Clean the vents that baffle the crankcase air coming out of the top of your valve
    cover. Remove the valve cover and look in the top on the inside. There is a metal plate
    that covers this baffle. You can heat the plate with a propane torch and blow out the vent until you get no more yucky stuff.
    Or you can be all polished about stuff and extract the little rivets, Pull the plate and soak
    all in a 5 gal can of carb cleaner until like new, make new gaskets and reattach the metal cover.
    If your rings are shot sometimes the volume of gasses leaving the crankcase is so much
    it defies baffles and gravity.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Ok thanks I will do that

Comment

No rivets in the cover plate, just screws.
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

First timer! I forgot! But, screws are not the kind of thing you want running
          around inside an engine. If there is any doubt that the screws might come loose
          replace them with rivets. These are blind holes so rivets have to be drilled and extracted
          to do it a second time. Hence the reluctance to remove the plate!
          Thank you PU241!
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

If you have that much blow-by, my guess is the rings are shot or you have a broken piston. I would do like they said, then follow up with a compression test. May also check the PCV valve for blockage.
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
            X