No announcement yet.

Driver's side window crank, near impossible to roll up or down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out, starting with post #8, belt moldings in thread 28574.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-06-2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Bob, in the interum, you can use white lithium spray on the tracks (front and rear) and that should free things up signifigantly. i've done this to 2 cars with no ill-effects and i haven't needed to re-apply since (application is currently 10 months old)
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Wish I could

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        Bob, in the interum, you can use white lithium spray on the tracks (front and rear) and that should free things up signifigantly. i've done this to 2 cars with no ill-effects and i haven't needed to re-apply since (application is currently 10 months old)
        Wow, you'd have to see how mangled the tracks are below the window glass inside the door. Nothing a lubricant could seemingly straighten out; though perhaps a good soaking would allow the window to go up and down over the damaged, distorted material?

I'll have to see what I have for lubricants. I thought lithium was a psychiatric medication?
        '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Originally posted by bobstad View Post
          Wow, you'd have to see how mangled the tracks are below the window glass inside the door. Nothing a lubricant could seemingly straighten out; though perhaps a good soaking would allow the window to go up and down over the damaged, distorted material?

I'll have to see what I have for lubricants. I thought lithium was a psychiatric medication?
          white lithium comes in a spray can, it might be easier to
          clean off your face than upholstery glue. The guy next
          door that has a 5 gallon pressurized system of upholstery
          glue had to fire his assistant after the guy spent the night
          there uninvited and couldn't get the evidence off his face!!
          ha this grease will stay around though and it seems to stay
          more pliable over time when dispensed from a spray can.
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Finally got around to checking your source!

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
            Check out, starting with post #8, belt moldings in thread 28574.
            That looks exactly like what I need; and for the improvement in my ability to use that window, almost useless now and always seeming worse, the prices aren't insurmountable. I wonder why the source you mention doesn't have one of the two items for the driver's side door I'd need?

I'm often paranoiac, and feel targeted as an easy mark for harassment often; where cars and other motor vehicles have often been the way right-wing reactionary assholes seem to feel they can harass me and/or get me to "work" since I have been living from Social Security Disability Income/SSI over a quarter century: Brutal, since my problems ramifications of spinal disease make working on cars difficult for me, while doing so is always a huge distraction from my other goals in life. Probably typical wear & tear on the older sorts of rides a relative pauper ends up driving; though within those parameters, seems a great deal of lea-way for abuse.

The summer of 1967 when fifteen I worked for a world famous hobo author, journalist, printer and publisher of his own stuff; also during the depression of the 1930s someone who wrote several long articles with his numerous own photographs for National Geographic; John Patric, whose most well known book Yankee Hobo In The Orient c. 1946 was serialized in Readers Digest.

He also wrote a book in collaboration with two other people his assistants; The Repairman May Gyp You, published in 1939. They visited all forty-eight states traveling in a two year-old Lincoln Zephyr loaded with different things they could doctor to seem dysfunctional; just to see how often they'd get cheated, including with their car.

Over 60% of the time; was what they found with a radio, typewriter, pocket watch, the car and probably a few other things I'm spacing out on and can't remember, of the moment at least. I doubt the tendency has altered much; though with the greater complexity of consumer items, being able to catch these sorts of abuses must be much more difficult.

Two unknown guys hit your town with a fine looking woman, in a two year-old Lincoln; and they are probably going to be about as "fair game" as imaginable for shady operators, when the sting of the depression is still quite overwhelming, no?

My feeling is within certain industries, employees are forced to cheat people by prevailing business practices. For instance, well intimated by the way chain retail stores encourage pressuring customers buying things; a person may well lose their job over if not at that with enthusiasm.

With computers now and the internet; easy to imagine those tools also have come into play, and some sophisticated profiling of potential buyers...on all levels including their politics. The "supply side" folks are predominantly or perhaps exclusively easily manipulable conservatives, if not the right-wing and/or reactionary types experts at manipulating conservatives.
            '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Working...
            X