93 auto radiator fan problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 auto radiator fan problem

Does a 93 auto Festiva take a different radiator fan/shroud than a 93 manual? I have a Manual fan, and it doesn't want to fit my auto GL.

Thanks!
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Does a 93 auto Festiva take a different radiator fan/shroud than a 93 manual? I have a Manual fan, and it doesn't want to fit my auto GL.

Thanks!
    Yah bud, i think they are different.

Comment

They're different?
      I have both and truth be known have never taken a real good look. Only thing different about auto rads and manual rads is the auxilliary oil lines at the bottom of the rad. Would seem to me if the shroud bolt holes line up and the fan motor (that you have) fits in the mounts that's all you really need to know.

Comment

i believe that the auto ones are dual core but that's about all i know that is different between the 2. some people use the auto rads for better cooling with swaps.

Comment

I know a '93 auto fan/shroud fits on both a '90 manual rad and an '88 manual rad. What isn't fitting on yours? All the manual and auto rads I've ever seen have the same mount holes for the fan shroud. In fact most of the new radiators available from parts stores are for 88-93 both manual and auto... they are all dual core and have the trans cooler, and for a manual application you just leave the cooler lines capped off. I've bought two from AZ and one from Advance over the last few years and used them in various cars auto/manual/carbed/efi... never had any problem with fan shrouds.
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

^ +1
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

+2^ just bolted an auto radiator in my 90 manual.
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

the fan shrouds are different. Either will bolt to either radiator. However, the auto trans fan is moved up and toward the passenger side the clear the trans case around the shift shaft and valve body. An auto fan will fit in an mtx car, but an mtx fan will not fit in an atx car.
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                  the fan shrouds are different. Either will bolt to either radiator. However, the auto trans fan is moved up and toward the passenger side the clear the trans case around the shift shaft and valve body. An auto fan will fit in an mtx car, but an mtx fan will not fit in an atx car.
                  Jim, Thanks! I thought I was going nuts! I couldn't find any info about this anywhere. My 93 auto came with a slim line fan that isn't working so well in the AZ heat with the a/c on. I wanted to put an OEM one on because it draws air through the entire radiator and it was designed for this radiator so I trust it. I had Tweaks old fan in the shed, but no amount of swearing or head scratching would make it fit around the auto trans. I couldn't even use the "beat to fit, paint to match" technique on this one. Now I just need an auto fan and shroud. Anyone got one?
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Jus thought I'd post something I just noticed about my Aspires. My ATX Rad is much larger than my MTX rad. The ATX Rad spans the entire opening.Whereas the MTX unit uses a plastic cowl on the pass side to fill the gap. I would have to guess the ATX rad is 25% larger. Werther it would fit into a Festy is not known to me. Or is this "Old News" to you guys?
                    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
                    X