A bump in the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bump in the road

On my way back from work last night, I hit a couple of bumps on the highway, nothing severe, just the normal unmaintained bumps that I drive over every night. However, when i hit one of these bumps, the check engine light flickered on then off, and the engine acted like it lost power. All of this happened in a split second. It happened a second time but that was it. I ran over numerous other bumps after these two and nothing else happened. The battery was secure, and the wires seemed fine. I checked for other electrical malfunctions but did not see anything out of the ordinary. Any other suggestions other than double and triple check connections, wiring, etc.?

Same happens to me sometimes but I have a b6t.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

make sure your battery is grounded good at both ends. Make sure you engine
      and your body are grounded good at both ends. Take your fusible link
      thing apart and make sure nothing is cooking in there.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Also check all your VAF connections. I have had this happen several times due to something on my VAF being loose.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Everything seemed fine. Cleaned and tightened connections. Some connections were pretty grimy. Hopefully that's all it was.

Comment

Working...
          X