STOCK carb settings please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOCK carb settings please

I tried function just found bunch of threads with the word carb in a post i need to know haw many turns out stock settting on carb for festiva as well as screw locations thanks for taking a look
    89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

fuel mix idle adjust?
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

I have a carb manual. What adjustment(s) do you need?

Comment

the idle air adjustment is not to be touched (that's why it's capped).
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Fuel mix idle
          89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

To set the idle speed you'll need a hand held tachometer and a jumper wire. Engine must be at operating temperature to render choke and fast idle inoperative. All electrcial accessories turned off. Use the jumper wire to ground the set timing connector (single white plastic connector beside the brake booster/brake fluid reservoir). Connect the tachometer. Turn white plastic idle adjustment screw on back left of carburettor until idle speed is 680-720 for manual transmission or 830-870 for automatic transmission. According to Haynes manual. I follow the manual.

Carburettor overhaul section of Haynes manual also mentions adjustment of fast idle speed screw, choke unloader, and choke breaker. Never touched mine. Need info?
            Last edited by WmWatt; 05-10-2012, 05:23 PM.
            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

My '88 carb/emissions manual says: "Note: The air fuel mixture on this carburetor has been adjusted during manufacture. The mixture adjustment screw is protected."

Comment

Try 3.75 turns out on the idle mixture. I have two old carbs and that's where they both were from the factory. Should get you close.

Comment

As long as you are there it does not hurt to remove the adjusting screw and turn the key on. Squirt some carb n choke cleaner in the hole and give the hole a blast of air to
                  clean gunk out of there. Turn the key off and assemble as instructed above.

Comment

after a rebuild I seldom have to touch anything. Usually it is only idle and occasionally the fast idle cam screw because someone used it to adjust the idle mistakenly.
                    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

i had the carb rebuilt just before i sold the car and they tampered with it trying to screw with jets for more power i guess but i boughyt it back and its running like garbage

Comment

Make sure they did not drill any holes bigger...Check their facebook page
                        there is probably pics about the brilliant job they did..

Comment

Sadly they did bore jets

Comment

If you can get the jet size you can tin the jet bore, counter sink both sides
                            then drill the middle to size. Probably just less than 1/16 inch bigger if they
                            used a cheap bit set and a walmart drill..

Comment

Working...
                            X